CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL (COA) MANDATORY TRAINING
To hold a full Certificate of Approval (COA) you are required to complete mandatory training which consists of the following unit standards:
- 27360 - Conflict Management (Theory)
- 27361 - Conflict Management (Practical)
- 27364 - Introduction to the Security Industry.
Regardless of where you work, all guards holding a COA with the following endorsements must complete the programme:
- Crowd Controller
- Personal Guard
- Property Guard
You can hold a temporary COA (blue licence) while you are completing the training and these are valid for 3 months only. Once you have completed the training and let PSPLA know, they will send you your full licence (green licence). For more information on COAs and for all applications please visit the PSPLA website.
However a temporary COA can be issued while the training is being completed. Temporary COAs are valid for 3 months only. To apply for your COA licence please visit the PSPLA website.
WHO IS EXEMPT?
If you have completed the National Certificate in Security Level 2 Version 8 or are currently working towards this and have completed the three unit standards, you will meet the requirements. Those who have completed Levels 2 and 3 after 2009 are exempt from 27364 but no one is exempt from the two Conflict Management unit standards.
C4 offers the COA training through a combination of learning and assessment in your own time as well as a one day classroom based course.
- Unit standard 27360 and 27361 (Conflict Management) – pre reading and self-assessment in your own time ( 4-6 hours)
- Unit standard 27360 and 27361 (Conflict Management) – learning and assessment at one day face to face course (8 hours)
- Unit standard 27364 (Introductory Knowledge to the Security Industry) – at home in your own time (8 hours)
A HIGH STANDARD OF ENGLISH IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE
FOR INFORMATION ON GETTING YOUR RESULTS CLICK HERE