CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL (COA) MANDATORY TRAINING
The Ministry of Justice and the PSPLA now require security guards to undertake mandatory training in order to hold a full Certificate of Approval (COA). The training consists of the following unit standards:
- 27360 - Conflict Management (Theory)
- 27361 - Conflict Management (Practical)
- 27364 - Introduction to the Security Industry.
These three unit standards (12 credits) also sit within the National Certificate in Security Level 2 Version 8.
Regardless of where you work, all guards holding a COA with the following endorsements must complete the programme:
- Crowd Controller
- Personal Guard
- Property Guard
WHO IS EXEMPT?
If you have completed the National Certificate in Security Level 2 Version 8 or are currently working towards this and have completed the three unit standards, you will meet the requirements. Those who have completed Levels 2 and 3 previously are exempt from 27364 but no one is exempt from the two Conflict Management unit standards.
From October 1st 2013 guards who apply for a COA must complete the regulatory training before they can be issued with a full individual licence or a COA. However a temporary COA can be issued while the training is being completed. Temporary COAs are valid for 3 months only. To apply for your COA licence please visit the PSPLA website.
C4 TRAINING PROGRAMME.
C4 offers the COA training through a combination of learning and assessment in your own time as well as a one day classroom based course.
- Unit standard 27360 and 27361 (Conflict Management) – pre reading and self-assessment in your own time ( 4-6 hours)
- Unit standard 27360 and 27361 (Conflict Management) – learning and assessment at one day face to face course (8 hours)
- Unit standard 27364 (Introductory Knowledge to the Security Industry) – at home in your own time (8 hours)
A HIGH STANDARD OF ENGLISH IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION SEE OUR FAQ PAGE
FOR INFORMATION ON GETTING YOUR RESULTS CLICK HERE